2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mr_phoenyxx  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:21:39 AM(UTC)
mr_phoenyxx

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning,

I am curious to see if anybody else has run into this issue. Last night I noticed that some of the eye morphs on my Victoria 4.2 are no longer working. By morphs, I mean her expression settings. The main one I've noticed is the "Eye Open/Close". All three settings no longer seem to work: Eye open/close, Eye open/close R, and Eye open/close L. Various other eye related expressions settings have stopped working as well, but I did not document them all as there are too many. I just tried a few others to confirm that open/close was not the only one that's broken.

Now I have sort of noticed this before, but I had attributed it to morphs not loading correctly. I thought it would normally be fixed by re-injecting the morphs. However, that definitely did not work last night. So I decided to test it on just a base Victoria 4.2, loaded, and no morphs injected. I.e. I went to File-New, loaded V4, and then tried the Eye Open/Close under Base Expressions.

It did nothing.

So I now assume that my Victoria 4.2 CR2 is corrupt somehow. I will likely un-install V4 and re-install her tonight, though that may prove to be quite the task since I don't think I have her in Zip format. So I'll have to go through the DAZ downloader.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you had other suggestions besides re-installing V4 or had run into this before?

Thanks!
gishzida  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:37:34 AM(UTC)
gishzida

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mr_phoenyxx Go to Quoted Post
Good morning,

I am curious to see if anybody else has run into this issue.

Thanks!

The only time I have run into problems like that was when a morph injection used the same "channel" as one that had already been used resulting in the dial not working or doing something other than what was expected.

It could be a corrupt file... If the DAZ DL manager shows the item as installed then uninstall it first and then DL a new copy [I've run into that problem too where the version installed is not the latest and DL manager wanted to reinstall the same file rather than DL it.
Definition: Autodidact = 1) Self Taught; 2) An Idiot teaching the ignorant; 3) Me!
xen  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:42:55 AM(UTC)
xen

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I suffered the same problem. Can you try applying the attached pose and report back if that works for you?
(you need to rename it to a pz2)
File Attachment(s):
Blink fix.pz2.txt (3kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
bosArt  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:44:33 AM(UTC)
bosArt

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I wouldn't trust the DAZ install manager. If you know where your Poser files have to go, why don't you download the zip version? I just checked my own DAZ account because with DAZ you'll never know what they might have changed, but I still can download all V4.2 files and morphs manually as zip-files ...
greetings bosArt
mr_phoenyxx  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 11:51:39 AM(UTC)
mr_phoenyxx

I'm at work right now, but I will try some of this when I get home this evening.

gishzida - I've had that conflicting channel issue as well. The morph sets I use now are carefully chosen to avoid that, and that's also why I tried a freshly loaded V4 with nothing added.

Xen - Thanks! I will try that file later.

bosArt - I had wondered about that - if the Zip might still be available. Also, thank you for the advice about the re-install.
Nails3d  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 12:37:55 PM(UTC)
Nails3d

I had the same problem. Originally couldn't work out how to initialise V4 morphs ++, so read that DIM did that automatically, so installed V4 and morphs via DIM into different runtime one. Then found eye open close would not work on this one, so had one V4 with yes not working but morphs ++ working and one with eyes working but morphs not working properly. :-(
But just downloaded your fix and that works. :-)
Thank you very much.
John
mr_phoenyxx  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:00:52 PM(UTC)
mr_phoenyxx

Originally Posted by: Nails3d Go to Quoted Post
I had the same problem. Originally couldn't work out how to initialise V4 morphs ++, so read that DIM did that automatically, so installed V4 and morphs via DIM into different runtime one. Then found eye open close would not work on this one, so had one V4 with yes not working but morphs ++ working and one with eyes working but morphs not working properly. :-(
But just downloaded your fix and that works. :-)
Thank you very much.
John

I wonder if that is the issue. The very first time I installed V4, it took me a while to figure out how to initialize Morphs++. However, the last time I re-installed some of my Daz content (new computer) I used the Daz installer and relied on it to do everything. I wonder if it has not been working since then and it's just taken me this long to notice?

It's not often I close Vicky's eyes, but it's really annoying that I can't anymore. laugh
aspin  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:09:28 PM(UTC)
aspin

Happens again, and again and again...

http://forum.runtimedna....php?64299-V4-won-t-blink
hborre  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:26:12 PM(UTC)
hborre

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Wonder if this V4 is the latest update release several years ago. The RDNA thread seems to be around that time.
mr_phoenyxx  
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:47:00 PM(UTC)
mr_phoenyxx

Originally Posted by: hborre Go to Quoted Post
Wonder if this V4 is the latest update release several years ago. The RDNA thread seems to be around that time.

That actually sounds about right to me, but I can't say for sure.

I'm not actually following what they are saying to adjust in the RDNA thread though. Is it the dependencies or the min/max values?
aspin  
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:52:36 PM(UTC)
aspin

Here you see what to fix as a picture:

http://www.daz3d.com/for...t/690471/#Comment_690471

Backup your modification, so when it happens again, you just have to replace this file again.

Edited by user Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:57:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mr_phoenyxx  
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 7:05:51 PM(UTC)
mr_phoenyxx

Well now I am pretty frustrated...

So yes, the suggestions that aspin and xen made fix the problem... sort of...

If I apply xen's pose fix, then the Eye open/close works again. However, it seems to me Xen that some of your values for the deltas are incorrect. As setting Open/Close to its maximum value of 0.5 does not close her eyes all the way.

Aspin's values seem to be more in line with how this should be working, but the forum thread and picture that you posted do not seem to include all of the values that must be changed. If I change what you have indicated in your thread, then closing her eyes works, but opening them wide in order to get a surprised look does not.

Maybe I am just being very dense this afternoon, but I am unsure what the values really should be and exactly what the complete list of values to change is as well.

mr_phoenyxx  
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 7:20:52 PM(UTC)
mr_phoenyxx

I just re-downloaded the ZIP file for V4.2 manually and checked the deltas in that same head file. They are incorrect, so re-installing her is not going to fix anything.
mr_phoenyxx  
#14 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 10:05:48 AM(UTC)
mr_phoenyxx

Whew! OK!!

I see what everyone was trying to tell me now. My apologies if my last couple of posts seemed unappreciative - that was not my intent. nice

So I took some time to install Daz on my laptop, and then install Victoria 4.2. She works perfectly fine in Daz, even though the Deltas are exactly the same in the file which doesn't work correctly in Poser. I took some time adjusting the various eye lid dials to see which direction things went in and which other dials they affected. Turning a dial to the right always moves the lid up, and turning it to the left always moves it down.

I then took a look at Daz's dependency tree to see if I could figure out which dependencies should be set to what, but that was just making my head hurt. lol

So I went back into Poser and manually started turning dials with my laptop beside me. I then compared results in Poser to the results in Daz (on my laptop) and adjusted settings until they seemed to do the same thing in both applications. This is when what you guys were trying to tell me started to finally sink in, especially the part about Top Lids should be 2s and Bottom Lids should be 1s.

Here are the dependencies that I believe to be correct:

EyesOpen-Close
EyeOpen-CloseR = 1
EyeOpen-CloseL = 1

EyeOpen-CloseR
EyeLidBottomUp-DownR = -1
EyeLidTopUp-DownR = 1

EyeLidTopUp-DownR
PHMEyeCloseTopR = -2
PHMEyeOpenTopR = 2

EyeLidBottomUp-DownR
PHMEyeCloseBottomR = 1
PHMEyeOpenBottomR = -1

EyeOpen-CloseL
EyeLidBottomUp-DownL = -1
EyeLidTopUp-DownL = 1

EyeLidTopUp-DownL
PHMEyeCloseTopL = -2
PHMEyeOpenTopL = 2

EyeLidBottomUp-DownL
PHMEyeCloseBottomL = 1
PHMEyeOpenBottomL = -1

That is listed in the order that the morphs appear in Poser. So you can manually go to "Edit Dependencies" to check that they are correct.

I have also adjusted Xen's file based on these settings and attached it to this post. Just remove the ".txt' from the very end of the file so that it is a ".PZ2" file again and then put it in your Pose Library somewhere. I then used this updated Pose file to go into the ERC file within my Daz Library to change "05-ps_pe069_DAZ_ERC.pz2" permanently as aspin suggested. I saved a copy of the modified file so that I just have to copy/replace if this occurs again.

I then tested a bunch of expressions to see if they worked correctly and they did. So I believe I have all these settings correct, and they appear to match what the posts aspin linked were saying too. If this is flat out wrong, then please let me know.

Sincere thanks to everyone!
File Attachment(s):
Blink fix.pz2.txt (3kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked mr_phoenyxx for this useful post.
xen on 3/4/2016(UTC)
thehawkman  
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 8:15:51 PM(UTC)
thehawkman

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mr_phoenyxx Go to Quoted Post
I just re-downloaded the ZIP file for V4.2 manually and checked the deltas in that same head file. They are incorrect, so re-installing her is not going to fix anything.

So you mean there is a mistake in the zip files? I still have the old exe installers (I'm a packrat precisely because of things like this happening, plus I've been burned before by newer software versions changing for the worse), but I got the Hero packs when they were given away for free some time ago and of course I got them in zip format.

mr_phoenyxx  
#16 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 10:32:51 AM(UTC)
mr_phoenyxx

Originally Posted by: thehawkman Go to Quoted Post

So you mean there is a mistake in the zip files? I still have the old exe installers (I'm a packrat precisely because of things like this happening, plus I've been burned before by newer software versions changing for the worse), but I got the Hero packs when they were given away for free some time ago and of course I got them in zip format.

A mistake? I am going to say no, as the settings in the file work perfectly fine in Daz3D. However, the settings as provided by Daz do not work properly in Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev.

So this seems to be a Poser issue rather than an issue with Victoria 4.2, but I am certainly no expert on the subject.
mr_phoenyxx  
#17 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 9:32:14 PM(UTC)
mr_phoenyxx

OK, there is still something wrong with the fix file. When I use it and move her eyes, it does weird things to her eyelids. I don't know how to fix that.
mr_phoenyxx  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 8:20:15 PM(UTC)
mr_phoenyxx

Well I have sort of figured out what is wrong, and somewhat how to fix it.

So the "Fix" file that we have is only adding deltas, without removing them. So it's creating duplicates, which is part of the problem. It's also adjusting settings on the actual Eye. The Up-Down dial specifically, which isn't what I intended. But I'm no programmer and didn't really know what I was doing.

So if you have used my fix file and the eye is doing weird things, then remove any duplicate entries and adjust the following settings manually:

Left Eye - Up Down Dial
PHMEyeCloseTopL = 0.033333
PHMEyeCloseBottomL = -0.016666
PHMEyeOpenTopL = -0.066666
PHMEyeOpenBottomL = 0.05

Right Eye - Up Down Dial:
PHMEyeCloseTopR = 0.033333
PHMEyeCloseBottomR = -0.016666
PHMEyeOpenTopR = -0.066666
PHMEyeOpenBottomR = 0.05

If you have not used the fix file, then you don't really need to worry about this. If you still need to fix the Eye-Open Close issue though, then either manually adjust the settings that I mentioned in my previous post or adjust them directly in the 05-ps_pe069_DAZ_ERC.pz2 file.
docmatter  
#19 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2016 11:53:43 AM(UTC)
docmatter

Okay, I just started having this very same problem.  I downloaded the "fix" pose and it does indeed make her eyes close.  I then closed Poser and edited the ERC file specified so it would be a permanent fix, but that didn't do it.  
This all started when I re-installed Poser Pro 2014 after it was shutting down unexpectedly every time I'd try and open it.  (I blame a Windows 10 update for that.  Not sure, but odds are... yeah!)
Poser works fine again except for the eye problem and the permanent fix doesn't seem to have any effect.  *Sigh!*
Any other ideas or something I'm missing? 
docmatter  
#20 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2016 1:39:59 PM(UTC)
docmatter

I've also noticed that there's no entry in that ERC file for the main  EyeOpen-Close morph.  All that's there is all the "children" morphs that feed into it. (i.e. EyeOpen-CloseR, EyeOpen-CloseL, etc...)  Should it be there?